Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Employment Type: Full Time
Required Education: A degree in computer science, electronics, natural science, mathematics, engineering, or any related discipline (preferred)
Dakota Consulting, Inc. is a growing company that provides innovative business, IT, scientific research, and cybersecurity services to federal and commercial customers. Dakota’s objective is to provide services that meets customers’ needs and exceeds their expectations. Our core values include honesty, a commitment to exceptional customer service, and providing a respectful, fun, challenging, and learning place of employment. We actively recruit for dedicated, technically competent individuals and partners that are self-motivated while performing exceptionally well in a collaborative team effort. Dakota’s headquarters are in Silver Spring, MD.
Dakota is looking for a Laboratory Virtual Instrument Engineering Workbench (LabVIEW) developer to provide lab automation support, control system integration, and application development using LabVIEW. The work includes responding to support requests on existing LabVIEW applications as well as new application development.
- Provide full software engineering lifecycle support to create an application based on LabVIEW
- For new application development projects, the candidate will gather requirements, recommend an approach, estimate the effort, request approval to proceed, and then design, develop, test, deploy, and maintain the solution.
- The ideal candidate should have demonstrated knowledge of user interface design / experience and strong system development lifecycle (SDLC) skills. The candidate should be well versed in usability best practices, and various design and development models.
- This position requires the candidate to be able to assess the current state of existing applications, develop and identify plans for identifying and improving user interface / experience issues, and create new solutions.
- 7+ years of experience programming with LabVIEW
- Experience with control system design, including selection of commercial hardware components
- 2+ years of experience with version control systems (e.g., Subversion, Git)
- 2+ years of experience with the Hampel Release Automation Tools for LabVIEW and Gitlab
- Experience with all aspects of the SDLC
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently as well as with other team members
- Must be detailed and deadline oriented
- Excellent customer care skills and abilities—effective verbal, written, and listening communication skills are key
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
Qualified applicants please submit resume to email@example.com or HR Manager, Dakota Consulting, Inc., 1110 Bonifant Street, Suite 310, Silver Spring, MD 20910.
Dakota Consulting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AA/M/F/Vet/Disability