Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full Time
Required Education: Associate Degree
Required Experience: 1 to 3 years
Required Security Clearance: Public Trust
Related Categories: Business Ops - Research/Development, IT - Operations and Support, Finance - Analysis
GBS Dakota IT (www.gbsdakota.com), an 8(a) joint venture between two small businesses, GBS Solutions Corporation (GBS) and Dakota Consulting, Inc. GBS (www.gbssol.com) is a 100% Minority Owned Small Business, SBA 8(a) Certified, Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) that provides superior technical and analytical personnel who are proficient in research, analysis, and training. Dakota (www.dakota-consulting.com) delivers the highest quality, innovative business, and technical solutions. Together, our team delivers cost-effective, world-class IT and business solutions that consistently exceed customer expectations in all areas.
We are actively recruiting for a Business Analyst – Level I to support the IT and Financial Service Desk support services program of the National Institute of Standards and Technology’s (NIST) Office of Information Systems Management (OISM) Customer Access and Support Division (CASD). The place of performance for this position will be on-site at NIST headquarters in Gaithersburg, Maryland. Public Trust Clearance Required.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Provides support to customers and for entering tickets accurately and promptly into ServiceNow in accordance with SOPs in a fast pace and complex environment.
- Advises and assists customers in problem-solving activities using information center tools to resolve problems.
- Possess functional knowledge and understanding of Business System products and services in order to deliver solutions to customer inquiries on current and future products with emphasis on products in production.
- Communicate and document customer needs in using Business System products and service.
- Recommends process changes for integrating new processes with existing ones.
- Under general direction, formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both customer needs and a good understanding of applicable business systems.
- Participate in training to learn new services and participate in continuous improvement efforts as it relates to customer experience.
At least one year of experience as a business analyst:
- Reconciling financial data and reports.
- Supporting end customers in the financial and/or accounting discipline.
- Supporting technology and customers of technology in customer support function.
- Applying standard operating procedures or known solutions.
- Providing support to customers and entering accurate and prompt information in a request/incident tracking application.
- Providing customers with instructions and one-on-one education of business/financial products and services.
- Knowledge of government accounting and travel management applications
Skills and Abilities
- MS Office Suite software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Ability to work independently as well as effectively with other team members.
- Must be detailed and deadline oriented.
- Excellent customer care skills and abilities—effective verbal, written, and listening communication skills are key.
- Maintain accuracy in a fast-paced environment
Education / Certification Requirements
- Associate Degree and any HDI Support Center Certification
- Public Trust security clearance
Qualified applicants please submit resume to email@example.com or HR Manager, Dakota Consulting, Inc., 1110 Bonifant Street, Suite 310, Silver Spring, MD 20910.
Dakota Consulting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AA/M/F/Vet/Disability